HOMEMADE KETCHUP (TOMATO SAUCE)

I'm no ketchup lover and I really can't understand how can it even be compared with tomato sauce. I mostly use homemade tomato sauce and when that one is gone, I just buy it from the store. I use it for pizza coating, I add it in stews and mangas and I have to admit - I sometimes drink it directly from the bottle :)

Ingredients:

  • 5 kg tomatoes
  • 125 g vine acid
  • 125 g oil
  • 125 g sugar
  • 4-5 twigs celery
  • 1 head garlic
  • 1/2 sachet black pepper
  • 4 bay leaves
  • salt to taste
Preparation:
  1. Wash and grind tomatoes in a meat grinding machine.  
  2. Put in a pot and let them simmer for 1 hour, then add vine acid, oil, sugar, chopped celery, chopped garlic, black pepper, bay leaf and salt and cook for another 2 hours. 
  3.  Pour hot tomato sauce into warm bottles or jars, wrap them to keep warm and leave until the next day to cool.
Enjoy!